[Clfs-dev] configure: error: compiler support for visibility attribute is required

Pierre Lorenzon devel at pollock-nageoire.net
Mon Dec 10 19:26:32 PST 2012

Hi William,

Thanks you for your answer :

From: William Harrington <berzerkula at cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Clfs-dev] configure: error: compiler support for visibility attribute is required
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:56:15 -0600

> On Dec 10, 2012, at 1:09 AM, Pierre Lorenzon wrote:
>
>> checking whether __attribute__((visibility())) is
>> supported... no
>> configure: error: compiler support for visibility attribute is
>> required
>
> Can you verify that your tools grep is linked to the
> interepreter in /tools?

  Sure I can and the output is :

  >>>  -- readelf

      [Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2]

  >>>  -- End readelf

  It looks correct to me. In fact I did not know that grep
  could be responsible of this trouble. In the various thinkgs
  I read ld was most of the time the problem. But people were
  compiling on environment without gnu ld (solaris or things
  like that). In my situation I am in a complete gnu linux.

  Regards

  Pierre