[Clfs-dev] Updating EGLIBC configure command

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Wed Aug 29 14:45:29 PDT 2012

On Aug 29, 2012, at 16:27 PM, g.esp at free.fr wrote:

> [...]

I was bringing that up with Jonathan as well. 2.6.25 is still too
old. Users should be able to build their own kernels and update their
hosts or use newer host OS's.

Going through distrowatch this is what I get:

ARCH:  3.5.3 current  3.0.3 from 2011.
CentOS: People shouldn't use this as a host anyway, they are too out
of date! it's 2012 and they are still on 2 6.32 (maybe distrowatch
isn't updated for this distro)
Debian: squeeze (6.0) is still using 2.6.32, past taht it's 3.2
Gentoo: 2.6.37 since 11.0 release and they are in 3.x now
Redhat: Look at CentOS
Slackware: Good since 13.37 with a 2.6.37 kernel
Ubuntu: 2.6.38 since natty 11.04

I don't know... I really don't like the idea of 2.6.25. It's way old
as well.
I say at least 2.6.32 maybe like you mentioned.