[Clfs-dev] Recent Updates to CLFS builds

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 28 08:51:51 PDT 2012

On 28/08/12 15:43, William Harrington wrote:
> Some more updates since I've gone through the pure64 bit book.
>
> I've been trying different udev configurations that make sense, but
> our udev bootscript isn't matching.
>
> Our bootscript expects /lib/udev/udevadm   (that is fixed with
> --libexecdir=/lib)
>                           expects /bin/udevadm              (not a
> problem for now)
>
> We do need to update our bootscript for udev; however. I think udevadm
> needs to be in /sbin and so the udev bootscript would need to be
> updated since it runs: /bin/udevadm and not /sbin/udevadm like it
> should be.

this is what i do
./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/lib --bindir=/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
--libexecdir=/lib  --disable-rule_generator --disable-introspection
--disable-keymap --disable-gudev --with-usb-ids-path=no
--with-pci-ids-path=no    --with-systemdsystemunitdir=no
--with-firmware-path=/lib/firmware

move the pkg-config file to /usr/lib/

ln -sfv /lib/udev/udevd /sbin/udevd

> What is the community's thought on this?
>
> I used this configure option the last round:
>
> --prefix=/usr --with-rootprefix="" --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/lib
> --enable-rule_generator
> --disable-introspection --disable-keymap --disable-gudev
> --with-usb-ids-path=no
> --with-pci-ids-path=no
>
> Althouh this will put libudev into /usr/lib.   Do we need to make sure
> the libs get put into /lib in case someone has /usr as a separate
> partition and it is not yet mounted when the udev script is ran?
>
> I was looking to see what all may be linked to /usr/lib/libudev
> libraries but I don't see anything that would harm that. But I would
> like to make all of this proper.

see above
> ============================NCURSES===============
>
> When I've been configuring ncurses, I made sure the terminfo install
> directory was correct.
>
> /tools/share/terminfo
> /usr/share/terminfo
>
> however, with the latest ncurses branch update patch, there is
> apparently another configure option that needs to be made as terminfos
> aren't found. They are being looked in /share rather than /usr/share.
> So we need to investigate and adjust the book accordingly.

> DEVTMPFS issues.
>
> I've had issues with this and the bootscripts as well.

i've changed the bootscripts slightly to take into account , devtmps on
/dev, the /run dir, udev just being a permission and group changing util
now, my /tmp is also a tmpfs so i don't need to clean it out every time
i reboot

could send you a patch to see what you think