[Clfs-dev] Recent Updates to CLFS builds

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Mon Aug 27 18:28:55 PDT 2012

> On Aug 27, 2012, at 05:49 AM, Martin Ward wrote:
> Hi William
>
> Your welcome, thanks for taking the time to do the updates
>

> Martin

I'm using my faster machine a core i7 OC'd to 4.6, to do some damage,
and going throug a pure64 build right now.

I've noticed --with-gmp= isn't enough with ppl. So I've updated the
book for that.

I'm using a slackware amd64 13.37 host.

I had some weird issues in my build while using my experimental LFS
Graphite build so, I'm using a more sane host this round.

ppl is the only issue through tools, I'm in the final system. Eglibc
barfs on a lot of tests.

I've had a friend bring up his old Sun Ultra 60 I can remote build
and boot and will work on some sparc64 and see what issues are with
that if any.

I can do x86, x86_64, and x86_64-64 and ppc readily. Also need
various clfs_hosts like building from x86 hosts for x86_64 targets
and x86_64 to x86 targets and ppc to x86 targets and sparc to ppc
targets and all kinds of different combinations.