[Clfs-dev] Possible show stopper with multilib books

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Fri Aug 24 14:42:45 PDT 2012

I've been doing more work with this and Jonathan Norman as been
helping me.

My host is an LFS dev system from LFS-DEV-GRAPHITE-20120419

I included graphite from CLFS with it when I built it.

This is my version script output:

bash, version 4.2.36(2)-release
Binutils: (GNU Binutils) 2.22
bison (GNU Bison) 2.5
bzip2,  Version 1.0.6, 6-Sept-2010.
Coreutils:  8.17
diff (GNU diffutils) 3.2
find (GNU findutils) 4.4.2
GNU Awk 4.0.1
gcc (GCC) 4.7.0
GNU C Library stable release version 2.13,
grep (GNU grep) 2.12
gzip 1.4
Linux 3.4.7
GNU Make 3.82
ncurses 5.9.20120414
patch 2.6.1
GNU sed version 4.2.1
tar (GNU tar) 1.26
makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.13
xz (XZ Utils) 5.0.3

These are my binutils configure and configure host files:

http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/binutils-build-configure.tar.xz
http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/binutils-build-configure-host.tar.xz

Here is Jonathan Norman's information:

Host is Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)

Version script output is:

bash, version 4.2.10(1)-release
Binutils: version 2.21.51.0.6-2.fc15 20110118
bison (GNU Bison) 2.4.3
bzip2,  Version 1.0.6, 6-Sept-2010.
Coreutils:  8.10
diff (GNU diffutils) 2.8.1
find (GNU findutils) 4.5.9
GNU Awk 3.1.8
gcc (GCC) 4.6.0 20110428 (Red Hat 4.6.0-6)
GNU C Library development release version 2.13.90,
grep (GNU grep) 2.7
gzip 1.4
Linux 2.6.38.6-26.rc1.fc15.x86_64
GNU Make 3.82
ncurses 5.8.20110319
patch 2.6.1
GNU sed version 4.2.1
tar (GNU tar) 1.25
makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.13
xz (XZ Utils) 5.0.1

Binutils configure and configure host tarballs:

http://cross-lfs.org/~cosmo/binutils-build-configure.tar.xz
http://cross-lfs.org/~cosmo/binutils-build-configure-host.tar.xz

If others would be gracious enough to compare the results of our
configure and then configure-host scripts, maybe we can narrow it
down. I'll be working on this as well. Some utility form the host has
to be causing this, a newer version or something....

If we find it, maybe a sed or patch or something is required to keep
it from happening.
I'm going to try some different linux host os's and see what I end up
with.