[Clfs-dev] Show stopper with multilib books

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Fri Aug 24 13:35:32 PDT 2012

Okay, things are being linked properly, I just needed to use the
proper ldd to show it linking right. Anyway, they will be searched
properly when $CLFS_TARGET-ld is being ran as the SEARCH_DIR is
indeed /tools/lib all the way and nothing in the path.

I did get it to build successfully, though. It may be from the host
tools causing weird issues as it is new versions of most things. I
need to bust out an old slackware system and see if I have the same
issue. Say a 13.37 system or earlier.

The following shows me building binutils with make, then I enter the
binutils-build/binutils directory and run make and it finishes
building. I then enter binutils-build and finish the build wihtout
error. Odd as heck!

I'm gonna do a log of the build
I'mg onna do a log of the build while entering binutils-build and see
what differences occur.

==================================

make in binutis-buid resuts:

make[2]: Entering directory `/mnt/clfs/sources/binutils-build/binutils'
if [ -r sysinfo.c ]; then \
   gcc -c -I. -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -
Wshadow -Werror  -Wno-error sysinfo.c ; \
else \
   gcc -c -I. -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -
Wshadow -Werror  -Wno-error ../../binutils-2.22/binutils/sysinfo.c ; \
fi
as: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /mnt/
clfs/sources/binutils-build/./opcodes/.libs/libopcodes-2.22.so)
as: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /mnt/
clfs/sources/binutils-build/./bfd/.libs/libbfd-2.22.so)
make[2]: *** [sysinfo.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/clfs/sources/binutils-build/binutils'
make[1]: *** [all-binutils] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/clfs/sources/binutils-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

cd into /mnt/clfs/sources/binutils-build/binutils and run make
results in no error.

cd into /mnt/clfs/sources/binutils-build and run make results in no
error.

Why do I need to enter /mnt/clfs/sources/binutils-build/binutils and
run make an then build the rest to get no error?

Weird as hell!