[Clfs-dev] Need another set of eyes or more on udev changes

Martin Ward macros_the_black at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 19 16:32:32 PDT 2012

On 19/08/12 21:09, William Harrington wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm fixing some udev issues and in the future we will be removing glib
> from the final system and updating to pkg-config 0.27 lite which uses
> a glib snippet so then we will not have to install glib for pkg-config
> anymore.

I've been using pkgconf for the last month and couple of builds with no
problems what so ever. download at http://nenolod.net/~nenolod/distfiles
<http://nenolod.net/%7Enenolod/distfiles/>
Only a symlink needed to make it behave like pkg-config

> UDEV:  For udev the book was missing some options and so the
> bootscripts would not work with it properly:

had no problems but i have a standard setup nothing exotic, have
modified the bootscripts to take into account the /run and /dev (mounted
as devtmpfs file system) and a few minor niggles with telling it not to
clean the tmp file system, as it's just temporary
> Before, udev would install libs in /libexec and gudev would be enabled
> and we were missing the generate rules for network and cdrom
> persistent links.

still don't understand why in the pure 64 build there still is
references to tools/lib64 in several places

> I have updated my working copy of the book but I want to make sure all
> looks good before I commit such a major change. I have tested with my
> powerpc build which I'm performing some changes, such as removing glib
> and adding pkg-config 0.27 lite.  I've verified the common udev.xml
> for 32 bit builds work, but I haven't checked the multilib, and pure64
> bit builds of udev.  I also haven't checked the boot section for udev,
> but when I used the boot method to build my final-system with powerpc,
> I didn't have any issues.

i've updated to gcc-4.7.1 and eglibc-2.16 combo with some upgraded
packages(newer versions)