[Clfs-dev] Boot Method rather than chroot steps of the Cross-LFS book

Grail Dane grail69 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:02:24 PDT 2012

Hi William
I think I follow what you are saying but wouldn't this be better left to CBLFS?
Like the original LFS, the base system is only designed to create a minimal systemwhich then can be extended as the user sees fit.  I personally like the idea of giving the usera good base from which to start but then leave the decision of net access and compressedmodules to be something the user can decide on after they have a working system.
For example, I have converted my CLFS Pure 64 to systemd for init and would also like to see it adopted but the tried and true SysV just works so we let the user decide after they have completedthe base system.
Regardsgrail