[Clfs-dev] Need another set of eyes or more on udev changes

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Sun Aug 19 13:09:40 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm fixing some udev issues and in the future we will be removing
glib from the final system and updating to pkg-config 0.27 lite which
uses a glib snippet so then we will not have to install glib for pkg-
config anymore.

UDEV:  For udev the book was missing some options and so the
bootscripts would not work with it properly:

Before, udev would install libs in /libexec and gudev would be
enabled and we were missing the generate rules for network and cdrom
persistent links.

I have updated my working copy of the book but I want to make sure
all looks good before I commit such a major change. I have tested
with my powerpc build which I'm performing some changes, such as
removing glib and adding pkg-config 0.27 lite.  I've verified the
common udev.xml for 32 bit builds work, but I haven't checked the
multilib, and pure64 bit builds of udev.  I also haven't checked the
boot section for udev, but when I used the boot method to build my
final-system with powerpc, I didn't have any issues.

Here is the link to my rendered working copy of the book.

http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/cross-lfs/html/

Please look at the final system udev instructions for 32 bit,
multilib and pure64 and help me make sure they are consistent and
proper for each build before I do a commit like this to something
major such as udev.