[Clfs-dev] Re Latest Pure x64 build

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Mon Apr 30 12:59:25 PDT 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 07:00 AM, Martin Ward wrote:

> Hi
>
> First of all thanks for the continued updates to CLFS.
>
> Some observations and typos on the current build.
>
> 1. The date is wrong, surely should be GIT-20120415 ?
>
> 2.     5.14. Cross Binutils-2.22
>
>    why? --with-cloog=/cross-tools --enable-cloog-backend=isl,
> surely binutils doesn't do graphite optimisation, I could
> understand this if binutils was built at the same time as gcc,
> under the same tree, but it doesn't make sense to me.
>
> 3.     6.9. Binutils-2.22
>  ditto as above --with-ppl=/tools --with-cloog=/tools --enable-
> cloog-backend=isl
>

> 7. 10.15. Binutils-2.22
>
> ditto item 2
>
> cheers
>

> Martin

Hello Martin.  http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2012-02/
msg00224.html   Hmmmmm maybe we will rectify that, then. When we were
talking about it, I may have asked Cosmo to do that when really we
shouldn't be doing that. I was the one messing with cloog isl backend
to get it into the book.

Sincerely,

William