[Clfs-dev] PPL and GMP

Ray Schulz nallav at gmail.com
Sat May 7 18:37:43 PDT 2011

A little bit of googling showed me others have also had this issue.

x86_64
Pure 64 bit build

Chapter 5.11 PPL-0.11.2
Had issues getting configure to recognize the gmp install properly:

checking how to link with libgmp... /cross-tools/lib/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/cross-tools/lib
checking how to link with libgmpxx... /cross-tools/lib/libgmpxx.so /cross-tools/lib/libgmp.so -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/cross-tools/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/cross-tools/lib
checking for the GMP library version 4.1.3 or above... no
configure: error: Cannot find GMP version 4.1.3 or higher.
GMP is the GNU Multi-Precision library:
see http://www.swox.com/gmp/ for more information.
When compiling the GMP library, do not forget to enable the C++ interface:
add --enable-cxx to the configuration options.

Fix is to pass CXXFLAGS to configure as follows:

LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/cross-tools/lib" \
     CXXFLAGS="-I/cross-tools/include" \
     ./configure --prefix=/cross-tools --enable-shared \
     --enable-interfaces="c,cxx" --disable-optimization \
     --with-libgmp-prefix=/cross-tools \
     --with-libgmpxx-prefix=/cross-tools