[Clfs-dev] Embedded: Is e2fsprogs really needed in core embedded book?

Adrian Grigo agrigo2001 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 27 23:37:41 PDT 2011

I am trying to make an embedded NAS device and want to have e2fsprogs on
my machine. But I think it's fine to have it in the beyond section as
the core embedded system should be as small as possible.

But, being new to CLFS, I thought the book was small because it was
unfinished and didn't actually know about the huge number of programs in
the beyond section until I stumbled upon it by mistake through google.

So my suggestion is to have link and endorsement of the beyond website
more prominently in the book, perhaps in the introduction to installing
the system software (Chapter 7.1)

eg.
Only the core packages are installed in this section. Instructions for
installing many additional packages are available at the Beyond Cross
Linux from Scratch website (http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/) and other sites
(see Section 14.4 What Now for additional resources)

Also, in section 14.4 What Now - the beyond link is to the BLFS and not
to CBLFS site. Both sites are useful when searching for instructions for
adding additional packages.

Adrian Grigo