[Clfs-dev] Embedded clfs problems and workarounds

Adrian Grigo agrigo2001 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 10 19:17:18 PST 2011

On Tue, 8 Feb, 2011 at 7:28 AM,	Andrew Bradford <bradfa at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > If building GCC with --disable-multilib, would the -m32 or -m64 stored
> > in the ${BUILD} variable still be needed in order to build packages?
> > Or does GCC outputting 32 or 64 bit code not count as a library?

After testing on my machine I can confirm that under x86_64 the compiler
defaults to 64 bit code, even if the BUILD flag is unset.

> > Do you know what the other implications of --disable-multilib are on
> > x86?  (I don't)

I think it prevents linking 32 bit code for the embedded system in
future. But I assumed that was already out when --disable-multilib was
passed to the binutils configure.

Adrian Grigo