[Clfs-dev] Embedded - How to deal with uClibc configs for OABI and EABI?

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:30:30 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 16:08 -0500, Andrew Bradford wrote:
> I'm looking for suggestions on how to deal with having uClibc config
> files for both ARM EABI and OABI.
>
> Currently, the uClibc-0.9.31-configs-2.patch only contains ARM configs
> for OABI builds.  Current config files are named like:
> clfs/config.${CLFS_ARCH}.${CLFS_ENDIAN}
>
> My idea is to have config files named like:
> clfs/config.${CLFS_ARCH}.${CLFS_ENDIAN}.${ABI} (where ${ABI} is either
> OABI or EABI).  But I think this may end up impacting the other
> architectures (x86, wrt, and mips) where it doesn't need to (their
> config files are fine, I think).  To get around impacting the other
> architectures, there could be ARM specific uClibc section.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on a scheme to do this cleanly?

I think the best bet would be to create architecture specific pages for
installing uClibc. This could be very useful on both arm and mips. But I
don't see any of the other architectures needing this.

AFAIK the proper target triplet for eabi + uClibc is
[arch]-[vendor]-linux-uclibceabi as well.

--
Joe Ciccone