[Clfs-dev] Simplification of the XML

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 09:41:59 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Joe Ciccone <jciccone at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-04-30 at 10:45 -0400, Andrew Bradford wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Joe Ciccone <jciccone at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing that I was just thinking
> would really help is having the ability to show a block on all but a
> specific arch. So, lets say something like this.
>
> <c:command c:multilib="true" c:arch="!x86_64" />
> <c:command c:multilib="true" c:arch="x86_64" />
>
> Right now the filter is a positive filter only, there's no way to negate
> a condition. Having that ability would certainly simplify things a lot
> for when there's a command only for a specific architecture. thoughts?

A negative filter for arch would be handy (more so than the if and
select) but I don't think it's a necessity.
How difficult is implementing a negative filter?
If it's brain dead simple, I'd say go for it.
If it's rather complex, let's just try what you've got now.  If
there's pain that arises where a negative filter would stop the pain,
that would be a good time to look at implementing it.

-Andrew