[Clfs-dev] Improvement suggestion for Embedded CLFS (for mips)

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 04:42:53 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 7:19 AM, Andrew Bradford <bradfa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I attached the config file. It still fails when I have clean
>> environment - or in fact, the following environment:
>
> I've not had time yet to build this kernel but I will do this and let
> you know my findings.

Yep.  I get the same issue.  That's annoying...
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

We're not the only ones finding this:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/3/9/229

Surprisingly, I built my most recent 2.6.38 ARM kernel with GCC 4.6.0
and didn't hit this.  I'd expect this to get fixed in upcoming kernel
releases, either by getting rid of the Werror=unused-but-set-variable
or by getting rid of those variables.  For now, getting rid of Werror
(what you did) is probably the best way.

-Andrew