[Clfs-dev] Embedded: Is e2fsprogs really needed in core embedded book?

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 05:02:26 PDT 2011

As a follow up to this thread, I've been working to move e2fsprogs and
zlib into beyond.  Neither is "required" in order to boot a minimal
embedded build.  If you take a look at my git repo (pull request sent
yesterday was for about half of what's there now, in terms of commits
past mainline), I've started my interpretation of the desires stated
in this thread.  It's safe to assume this is a work in progress.

http://git.cross-lfs.org/?p=abradford/clfs-embedded.git

One chapter for file system tools, one for additional libraries, one
for networking software.  This can be expanded with one for UI, one
for programming languages (like python), etc...

Does this look like a reasonable layout?
Thanks,
Andrew