[Clfs-dev] Simplification of the XML

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Sun May 30 17:03:06 PDT 2010

On 29 May 2010 19:28, Joe Ciccone <jciccone at gmail.com> wrote:

> My proposed change is simply an expansion on our current structure. Very
> little in the actual layout will change, mostly files will just be merged
> together rather then having way too many redundant xi:includes. Currently,
> for each forked file we have one for every tag for every architecture. It's
> ridiculous.
>
> I will implement this in a few sections of the book and see how it works
> out.

 When I was editing here, there were always two problems - people making
a change without testing if it allowed the book to generate, and changes
which accidentally broke other architectures.  Of the latter, I think I broke
alpha at least twice.  So, if the change makes the book less fragile, it will
be worthwhile.

 The possible downside is that it makes the resulting files hard to read and
navigate (similar to the #idfdef problems that have sometimes occurred
in C code).  I have confidence in your judgement.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"