[Clfs-dev] Simplification of the XML

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 28 11:38:26 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm not a developper in the book and in the project, but I follow what
happens with interest. Firstly because I write sometimes on the wiki,
secondly because I translate into French the project.

My opinion about the evolution of xml is the following (it's only mine).
If I understand the advantages of such change, I wonder if it would not
be a good idea, first and in priority, to release a new stable release.
Indeed, there have not been any stable release for nearly 2 years I
think. I think that priority should be this instead of xml issues. For
instance, clfs could release a stable for x86_64 and multilib which seem
to be worling; I don't know what is for sparc and other architectures.

To sum up, I think it's a good idea, but it could be tried after
releasing a new stable which seems to be now a bigger emergency (I think
anyway).

That's my opinion. I let you decide of course. Such is not a problem for
me itself anyway.

Bost regards,

-
       Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
       Vice-Président de l'association traduc.org
       Coordinateur du projet Linux From Scratch