[Clfs-dev] eglibc headers build

Bryan Stillwell bryan at bokeoa.com
Tue Aug 10 18:38:57 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 09:28:15PM -0400, Joe Ciccone wrote:
>The parameters are correct, please look at the descriptions in
>./configure --help.
>
>I feel compelled to warn you that the current alpha book will have a lot
>of bugs in it, and not all the packages will compile cleanly.

After I sent that message I noticed that they probably were correct
after all.  Sorry about that.  The reason I thought it was wrong was
because I was getting this error message:

  configure: error: The alpha is not supported.

And when I swapped them, configure worked.  It wasn't until I tried to
build it where I got this error:

  asm/prctl.h: No such file or directory

After some google searching I figured out the original was correct.

Here's the full log before the 'alpha is not supported' message in case
you have any ideas:

clfs-alpha at test:/mnt/clfs-alpha/sources/eglibc-build$ CC=gcc
../eglibc-2.12/configure --prefix=/tools-alpha \
>    --host=${CLFS_TARGET} --build=${CLFS_HOST} \
>    --disable-sanity-checks --enable-kernel=2.6.0 \
>    --with-headers=/tools-alpha/include --cache-file=config.cache \
>    --with-binutils=/cross-tools-alpha/${CLFS_TARGET}/bin
configure: loading cache config.cache
checking build system type... x86_64-cross-linux-gnu
checking host system type... alpha-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-g++... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-c++... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-gpp... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-aCC... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-CC... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-cxx... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-cc++... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-cl.exe... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-FCC... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-KCC... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-RCC... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-xlC_r... no
checking for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu-xlC... no
checking for g++... g++
configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
configure: running configure fragment for add-on libidn
configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
checking sysdep dirs... checking for assembler gnu_indirect_function
symbol type support... yes
configure: error: The alpha is not supported.

Thanks,
Bryan