[Clfs-dev] More CBLFS stuff

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 03:09:20 PDT 2010

Greets,

Thanks for previous fixup William

Bit of a tale....

Updated wxwidgets to 2.9.0  (2.8.11 was having issues with gcc 4.4.2)...and
the advice on wxwidgets site recommended to go with 2.9.0 ...

...this led into gpac (iirc Joe said previously gpac was a pain) which tries
to build a wx-based client, which fails possibly due to changes in the wx API
(although it could just be gpac ;) -- there was no 'clean' way around this apart
from deleting the client target in the wxtree/applications makefile - the rest (libs)
builds fine. That said, installation of gpac fails to install the libgpac_static.a
library and also fails to install it's headers in /usr/include, which x264 will look for...
..(I'm not sure what to do about this situation with gpac yet...any advice?)..(if anyone
wants that gui client, this resolve needs more thought)...

...then of course, I hit x264 which also decided to play badly...however...updating
version to 20100401 was an effective work-around -- that said, this newer version
has dropped the --enable-gtk config switch, and now mp4 output is enabled by default
(but I've updated the wiki is this regard)...

FYI only...but any advice vis gpac (besides a bullet ;) appreciated..

Cheers!

Don