[Clfs-dev] libstdc++ makefiles bug

Roy Bekken roy.bekken at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 10:38:42 PDT 2009

I noticed when building debug packages with rpm they failed to include the
source code and also noticed that there was an reference to libstdc++ pointing
to gcc build/source dir in temp sys.

Google this and found a lazy fix. I have attached a proposed patch for the
book. I think that using "target_subdir" from config.log like this

   make -C $(grep target_subdir config.log |cut -d"=" -f2 | \
	sed   "s/'//g")/libstdc++-v3

will point to the correct directory on all supported targets in the book. The
above make command is run after the first make is executed for gcc. The patch
do this for gcc in temp and final, I don't think  its necessary for the cross
compiler though.