[Clfs-dev] Missing Package and a Question

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 04:58:42 PDT 2009

db m wrote:

>> From: jt.n1ese
>> Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:25:36 -0400
>> To: clfs-dev
>> Subject: [Clfs-dev] Missing Package and a Question
>>

>> Now, onto my question. Is it ok to still use the LFS LiveCD's to
>> build the system? I see that the LFS group have not updated their
>> CD's in awhile. I was going to try and use the x86_64-6.3-r2145 CD to
>> build my system.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> - JT
>>

> I've built the x86_64 native multilib SVN branch successfully with
> the above liveCD back in June/July of this year, so it should still
> work afaik...

There was only one major change of note and I forget when it was made.
Udev depreciated a bunch of its commands.
udev{info,trugger,settle,control,monitor,test} and crammed them all into
one binary. udevadm. The compatibility simlinks dissapeared not too long
ago. As long as the udev bootscript uses udevadm instead of the
individual tools, they will work. The rest of the changes were related
to cblfs.