[Clfs-dev] Missing Package and a Question

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 17:25:36 PDT 2009

I'm getting ready to build my first CLFS system for the first time in
a couple years.  I've built one in the past.  I'm downloading the
packages and patches tonight but have noticed one missing package so
far:

I'm referencing: SVN-20091015-x86_64-Multilib

Bootscripts for CLFS (1.2-pre8) - 39 KB:
Download: http://cross-lfs.org/files/packages/svn/bootscripts-cross-lfs-1.2-pre8.tar.bz2

this file does not exists on the server.  The only bootscripts package
is 1.2-pre2.  Is it ok to use pre2 or is there a pre8 out there
somewhere I should use?

Now, onto my question.  Is it ok to still use the LFS LiveCD's to
build the system?  I see that the LFS group have not updated their
CD's in awhile.  I was going to try and use the x86_64-6.3-r2145 CD to
build my system.

Thanks

- JT