[Clfs-dev] Quandary fscked

cross-lfs at knierim.org cross-lfs at knierim.org
Wed Oct 14 23:07:08 PDT 2009

I'm working on it and will let you guys know when it is back up.  The
mailing list will continue to work despite quandary's condition since it
is on a separate mailman machine.

Details:

Quandary seems to have hdd problems despite the raid controller.  The data
center it is hosted in went to generator power today when it lost grid
power, after that 2 of 3 cooling towers didn't come online for a hour, and
quandary being on the very top of that rack may have soaked up a lot of
the heat causing the hdd(s) to fail or have these issues.

I wanted to put bigger drives in quandary anyways, and now I must replace
them.  The only problem right now is that quandary can't mount /dev/sda9,
the /srv partition.  I'm running a fsck on it but hopes of it repairing
aren't looking good.  I do have daily backups of all svn repos, mysql
databases, postgresql databases, trac .htpasswd and email.  So basically
once the drives are replaced it will just be a matter of re-setting up the
software like trac, mediawiki, the git repo, etc.  Some small items I may
not have backups of (things that come to mind are cblfs puzzle piece
image, other logos) but we'll see.

Quandary is up right now except many services aren't running like apache,
bind, etc since /srv isn't mounted.  I made a backup of all data on /home
in case it has further problems.

I will do my best to get the drives replaced and services back up by this
weekend.  If any devs have questions please let me know.  I can give you
devs my cell number in case you need to contact me also.

Justin