[Clfs-dev] Status - Changes

William Harrington wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Mon May 25 20:50:25 PDT 2009

On May 25, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Jim Gifford wrote:

> Joe, Ryan, and myself find ourselves pretty busy right now. So Joe
> and I talked last night and want to open this up to the community.
>

> There has been a lot of changes in the Glibc arena, I have done
> successful builds of Eglibc on x86 and x86_64, what we are
> proposing is reopening development and create a CLFS Standard 2.0.0
> release and abandoning the next 1.0.0 series.
>
> We would like the communities opinion on this before we move forward.
>
> Jim Gifford.

I've done EGLIBC 2.10.1 with ppc64 successfully. Sparc64 is next. I'm
all for opening dev for a 2.0.0 release. Would be nice to get a
release out by fall, though. I get about 4 hours an evening and
sometimes the weekends to work on things. I don't bother with x86 and
x86_64, we have plenty of them folks, but I like to spend time with
the Ultra 60 and Dual Powermac G5.

That, and I was working on a ppc64 pure64 which got pushed to the
back of the burner.

William