[Clfs-dev] Status - CLFS 1.2.x

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon May 11 17:02:19 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:45:58PM -0700, Jim Gifford wrote:

> Here's what I'm proposing, moving the current development branch in RC
> status, no changes. Open up trunk for the 1.3.x.

 Belated results of the testsuites on x86_64-64  I've built my full
current desktop (xorg-7.4, a bit of gnome-2.24, a little kde-4.2.2)
without any noticeable regressions - this was using 2.6.29.2
headers, with gdbm and man-db instead of man.

 I just let everything continue and blew away the directories, so no
ideas about any of the failures...

 For glibc I copied gconv-modules, but it failed with a segfault in
rt/tst-timer.out.  Maybe that's a pure64 thing.

 Binutils had 4 unexpected failures in ld :
Running
/building/binutils-2.19.1/ld/testsuite/ld-bootstrap/bootstrap.exp
FAIL: bootstrap with --static
Running /building/binutils-2.19.1/ld/testsuite/ld-elf/elf.exp ...
FAIL: static preinit array
FAIL: static init array
FAIL: static fini array

 Gcc had 5 unexpected failures in libmudflap, all in
libmudflap.c++/pass41-frag.cxx

 Coreutils is hard to parse - it seemed ok, but then fell apart i
n the gnulib tests:
make[5]: Entering directory `/building/coreutils-7.1/gnulib-tests'
gcc -m64 -std=gnu99  -I. -I../lib  -I. -I. -I.. -I./.. -I../lib
-I./../lib   -g -O2 -MT read-file.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/read-file.Tpo
-c -o read-file.o read-file.c
read-file.c:136: fatal error: opening dependency file
.deps/read-file.Tpo: Permission denied
compilation terminated.
make[5]: *** [read-file.o] Error 1

 Libtool had 4 failures:
 28: Runpath in libtool library files                FAILED
(runpath-in-lalib.at:61)
 37: localized compiler messages                     FAILED
(localization.at:50)
 47: enforced lib prefix                             FAILED
(need_lib_prefix.at:170)
 73: Run tests with low max_cmd_len                  FAILED
(cmdline_wrap.at:43)

 Automake had 3 failures:
FAIL: check10.test
FAIL: cond35.test
FAIL: lex3.test

 Findutils had 1 failure in locate:
FAIL: old_prefix: locate failed,
`tmp/locatedb': No such file or directory

 Grep reported 3 of 14 tests failed, ISTR that is normal on this
version

 Module-init-tools no longer reports success or failure, I assume it
was ok

 For a change, Vim actually reported 'ALL DONE' without any error -
that's a first for me.

 Overall, the build works and has no regressions (the kernel seems
unresponsive when c++ apps are compiling, and sometimes I get a
storm of mouse events, but that's just the way it is with 2.6.29 and
gcc-4.3).

 If I get time, I'll try a default-32 ppc64 (i.e. only 32-bit
userspace after the toolchain) - knowing my luck I'll probably bork
it.  Unfortunately, I no longer have time to attempt to maintain
multilib desktop scripts, so I don't have any interest in building a
full multilib clfs on that dog.

 Maybe I'll retry x86_64-64, to see if I can shed any light on the
failures, but I don't think that is very likely.

ĸen