[Clfs-dev] EGLIBC...

Ryan Oliver ryan.oliver at performiq.com.au
Wed May 6 23:36:30 PDT 2009

Greetings all,

This looks interesting, looks like glibc has been forked  and some extra
long-overdue goodies added to aid cross-compiling.

http://www.eglibc.org

Interesting things to look at (that should appear strangely familiar ;)

http://www.eglibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/libc/EGLIBC.cross-building?rev=2037&view=markup

(note the good ole build glibc startfiles/fake libc.so build step for
providing a libgcc_s.so (we never created the fake libc, we just omitted
it from the link...) )

And Joe should be happy, there is a cross-localedef in there too :)

Might be worth a look, Debian appears to be jumping ship in this
direction...

Best Regards
[R]