[Clfs-dev] CBLFS - Fribidi

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 08:42:39 PDT 2009

> Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 08:10:48 -0400
> From: jciccone
> To: clfs-dev
> Subject: Re: [Clfs-dev] CBLFS - Fribidi
>
> db m wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> So.....I should move fribidi out of 'required' on the dvdauthor page,
>> and into 'optional' with a note about what it provides, but in doing
>> that it will create the situation where the CBLFS fribidi page is not
>> applicable -- in essence, we need a fribidi page + a fribidi2 page....
>> ..or to put it another way, the current CBLFS fribidi page should be
>> the fribidi2 page, and a previous version of the fribidi page (using
>> the 0.10.x series) should exist as the fribidi page....
>>

> Joe said;
>
> or just create a wrapper fribidi-config that calls pkg-config.

That...I didn't think of, but it does seem to be how other folks are handling
this. Someone might check the attached file for sanity - it's lifted from a
fedora diff and seems to work 'as expected' here (with fribidi-0.19.2). My
next silly question is what is the best way to get it into the wiki....as a patch,
or just plain text on the CBLFS fribidi page?

Cheers,

Don

Looking for a new car this winter? Let us help with car news, reviews and more
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT