[Clfs-dev] CBLFS - Fribidi

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 01:05:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

(note: apparently 80%+ of posts from this list aren't turning up in
my hotmail inbox....no idea why, some do..most don't...and I only
discovered this about 5minutes ago when I checked the archives
with my browser - I'll change my email address later, this is just
for the record....)

I went to compile dvdauthor ; fribidi is listed as a required dep.

Opening the fribidi page, I discovered the instructions were
slightly wrong - fribidi-0.19.2.tar.gz no longer provides the file
'fribidi-config' , it uses pkgconfig instead. I have updated that
page.....

Back to dvdauthor, and of course it doesn't find fribidi because
it can't find any fribidi-config file. I checked the dvdauthor
source files to discover that fribidi is indeed optional - if you
want arabic or hebrew subtitles, -then- you  NEED fribidi...else,
dvdauthor will compile fine without fribidi and the functions it
provides....

Now....checking the fribidi homepage, I find that the 0.10.x
releases are considered to be 'fribidi' , while the 0.19.x releases
are consider to be 'fribidi2' -- so I can see what/how happened
to the existing fribidi page....

So.....I should move fribidi out of 'required' on the dvdauthor page,
and into 'optional' with a note about what it provides, but in doing
that it will create the situation where the CBLFS fribidi page is not
applicable -- in essence, we need a fribidi page + a fribidi2 page....
..or to put it another way, the current CBLFS fribidi page should be
the fribidi2 page, and a previous version of the fribidi page (using
the 0.10.x series) should exist as the fribidi page....

I can't rename pages on the wiki - could someone fix this please?
Or is it best to revert the existing fribidi page, and create a new
page titled fribidi2 ?

Regards,

Don