[Clfs-dev] Compile for USB stick boot on PS3

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Sat Jun 20 22:43:43 PDT 2009

Having identified a bootloader that looks like it will boot from a USB stick on a PS3, I'm starting to think about how I will go about a LFS build to a USB stick that will boot to RAM via initrd.

I've already managed a multi-lib CLFS installation to the PS3 hd on the same partition as the original YDL installation, so I have some kind of confirmation that things might work...

A couple of questions:

1. Do I have to use the CLFS process since I'm compiling for the same architecture (I guess the only powerpc instructions are in CLFS)?
2. Are there any LFS guidelines for an initrd boot totally to RAM?

Thanks, John