[Clfs-dev] PowerPC64 Users

William Harrington wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Sat Jun 6 13:46:03 PDT 2009

Hello,

    I only know of one other PowerPC 64 G5 user and that is Ken. My
Dual G5 bit the dust last night. Coolant leak caused the CPU units to
collect liquid and corrode over time and it sparked! So, I'm taking
donations to rebuild the Dual G5! So, the only testing I can do with
PowerPC 64 would be in a virtual environment. Alright, so, I'm back
down to powerpc only.

So my plan is to find some replacement CPUs, clean up the liquid
cooling system, refill the missing liquid, this time put some sealant
on the tubes, and probably need a new PSU, although didn't see any
coolant that leaked into the PSU. Or, just sell it out in parts haha.
So, who wants a G5 case to build a PC with? j/k

Poor ionic.localnet.net.  RIP.

William