[Clfs-dev] Cross gcc-4.4.0 - Final Error

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Sun Jul 5 07:44:38 PDT 2009

From: clfs-dev-bounces at lists.cross-lfs.org [mailto:clfs-dev-bounces at lists.cross-lfs.org] On Behalf Of Jim Gifford
Sent: 04 July, 2009 23:14
To: CLFS development discussion
Subject: Re: [Clfs-dev] Cross gcc-4.4.0 - Final Error

[snip]

>I just did a commit that should fix this error for you.

Thanks, for my own interest, what was the problem?

>The problem you had was the it was looking in cloog was probably built with the wrong ABI, what happens now is the Cloog uses the same ABI as gmp.

Ah - so the change you made was in "5.10 CLooG-PPL-0.15.3", not in "5.14 Cross GCC-4.4.0 - Final" - that would explain why I didn't spot it...

After your modifications, "5.14 Cross GCC-4.4.0 - Final" compiles without error.

However - alone out of the apps in chapter 5, gcc builds 64bit libs (cflags and cxxflags are unset) on my ps3.

Moving to chapter 6, I can see from the ./configure output that gmp is going to build 64bit libs too.

I guess I need to set cflags=cxxflags=-m32 before building "5.14 Cross GCC-4.4.0 - Final" to avoid getting a 64bit system?