[Clfs-dev] recompiling eglibc

Reimundo Heluani rheluani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 21:36:07 PDT 2009

Hi there, I think I tracked down my problem with gnomevfs to a patch in
eglibc ( http://www.eglibc.org/archives/issues/msg00056.html ). Indeed
commenting file:file in default-modules-conf prevents the hangs in
Firefox and f-spot.

I think I'll have to recompile eglibc and I have never done that before.
Currently I have the 2.10 version that is hosted on the svn server from
the book. I presume that the branch version from eglibc.org is not much
different so it shouldn't be much trouble recompiling. Is there any
advice as to how to proceed? should I also recompile gcc and/or
binutils? should I just install to $DESTDIR and then just cp -a to /?

Also, I can't confirm that this will solve my issue, but I suspect that
everyone with gnome-vfs against the patched version of eglibc currently
in the book will have a broken gnome-vfs, so perhaps you'd like to look
into this and probably tar a new version of eglibc

R.