[Clfs-dev] still trying clfs svn on a ps3

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Thu Jul 16 11:45:49 PDT 2009

I've been making several attempts to use the clfs svn on a ps3. The powerpc64 multi-lib build will not work for me as the gcc build in chapter 6 fails.

I've worked through the powerpc build (since there is no powerpc64 build) and things seem to work, albeit compiling 64bit libs into /tools/lib, except for two issues:

1. gcc compiles libs to /tools/lib64, even if --libdir=/tools/lib is used, and looks for ld64.so.1 in /tools/lib64 even though it is in /tools/lib

2. coreutils has /tools/lib64/ld64.so.1 hardcoded into env, even if --libdir=/tools/lib is used

Symlinking /tools/lib/ld64.so.1 -> /tools/lib64/ld64.so.1 does not solve the env problem.

I really do not want to start from the beginning again using --libdir=/tools/lib64 for everything...

Is there a clever sed or similar to get gcc and coreutils to play ball?

Regards, John