[Clfs-dev] Pure PPC 64

zippo zippo at oppiz.net
Mon Jul 13 07:38:19 PDT 2009

Hey,

This is my fist post to the mailing list but some of you might know me
from the IRC etc. I recently purchased a PS3, and like and good computer
guy, the first thing i did was put Linux on it "ubuntu". I hate distros
so the next step CLFS! of course. So it has begun and i am in the
process of building it now, with only minor problems so far.

This is to see about adding a Pure64 PPC to the book. The data for the
book is 90%-95% done in other books and would not take long to mod.

As far as a boot loader. I have found kboot for my PS3 which can be
compiled 64bit. I am unsure, but think it could work to boot other
things as well but will need testing or simply add a yaboot binary to
the book. This would keep the build time down.

http://kboot.sourceforge.net/

If i get enough response i will mod the book for PURE64 and supply it.
Let me know Jason. zippo at oppiz.net