[Clfs-dev] Linux-2.6.28 headers

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 7 17:53:56 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 05:23:24PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  Now that 2.6.28 is in, my first problem with the headers has
> appeared (I'm sure there might be others when I build my desktop).

 Funnily enough, I only had one other headers-ish problem
(dbus-glib-1.2.10 : I hacked dbus-sysdeps-util-unix.c to include
sys/syslog.h - I neither know nor care about the correct way to fix
it, for me dbus is just a build-time dependency, I don't subject
myself to the horrors of hal ;)

 Gstreamer fails with the new version of bison - there's a patch out
there for gst-parser.m4 (I've added it to the existing lfs patch for
those of us who don't have  gtkdoc-rebase) - needs autoreconf and
libtoolize -f.

 On the bright side, evince now works for me without crashing xorg
so I guess my previous problems with it were down to gcc-4.2.

 On the not so bright side, konqueror-4.1.3 now regularly crashes
xorg.  Plus ça change... - might be the cairo update, but I don't
think people here care about kde anyway.

ĸen