[Clfs-dev] Cross-Compiled Linux From Scratch - Embedded:unable to build uClibc-0.9.30

Andreas Weiß andreas at weissprivat.de
Tue Jan 6 14:38:54 PST 2009

Hi,

Guiseppe Marchi wrote:
i'm trying to build an emdedded distro for arm machine following the
instruction
inside 'Cross-Compiled Linux From Scratch - Embedded Version
SVN-0.0.1-20081203-arm'
At the moment i'm not able to build uClibc-0.9.30-rc3 like explained on
chapter
'6.8. uClibc-0.9.30-rc3'.

I had the same problems when doing my first try.

Concerning -m just do a "man gcc" and search for the ARM Options. There
you will find several possibilities.
I've choosen "-mabi=aapcs-linux" but I also do not know if this is the
best one.

Concerning your compile problems:
Try "arm-unknown-linux-uclibc" instead of "armv5l-unknown-linux-uclibc".
The ARM V5 also runs with the ARM. I've got the same errors with the V5
but they're gone with the generic ARM.

Have you been able to compile the binutils-2.19?
I had a problem with this packet. In detail with the file
binutils-2.19/gas/config/tc-arm.c

Kind regards
Andreas Weiss