[Clfs-dev] issues with current svn x86_64 pure 64

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 4 13:40:06 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 02:52:05PM -0500, Joe Ciccone wrote:

> > i'm going from memory here, yep otherwise nothing else would have
> > built correctly, i'll have another look later in the week, i used make
> > perl utilities ext/Errno/pm_to_blib to get errno which is needed for
> > the coreutils testsuite
> Actually, this is really one of the first things you're building with
> that compiler (temp-system). The entire chapter 6 (temp-system) build is
> built using the cross-compiler built in chapter 5 (cross-tools).
 In this context,  I read "otherwise nothing else would have built
correctly" as referring to the final system.  And if Martin had not
already replied, I would have said the same as he did here.

 I haven't run the system yet, but sanity checks during the build,
and ldd on random files, all look good.  The problem is purely
within the temporary perl.  Now that I've built the final system, I
can no longer replicate the problem.

ĸen