[Clfs-dev] issues with current svn x86_64 pure 64

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 4 07:23:04 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 09:12:33AM -0600, Steve Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Dec 2008, Joe Ciccone wrote:
>
> > Did it output a specific error? I haven't run the coreutils testsuite
> > since the last bunch of upgrades were done to the book.
> See my original message for the example error from coreutils.  I tried
> adding Errno to the list of modules built during temp-perl but Errno
> errored out with a message about not finding a list of errors.  I don't
> have the output from that attempt anymore but I can recreate it.

 I tried adding what is in LFS to temp-perl, and the message is

make[1]: Entering directory `/building/perl-5.10.0/ext/Errno'
../../miniperl "-I../../lib" "-I../../lib" Errno_pm.PL Errno.pm
No error definitions found at Errno_pm.PL line 224.
make[1]: *** [Errno.pm] Error 2

 The lines in Errno_pm.PL are:
    # quick sanity check

    die "No error definitions found" unless keys %err;

 My initial assumption is that miniperl lacks the err functionality
(a deliberately vague term).  I'm always wary of trying to alter how
perl is built - it's build system probably seemed a good idea at the
time, but it's one of a kind.

 Maybe we can alter the temp-perl build, or move everything around
(again).  For me, this is not an urgent problem, my script now knows
how to handle coreutils test failures and save the log messages.

ĸen