[Clfs-dev] Error compiling Cross compiler Final

Nicholai Vesterløkke nve at mpitech.com
Fri Feb 6 01:11:39 PST 2009

I'm currently following CLFS - Embedded - Version SVN-0.0.1-20090205-arm,
in the final step with the cross compiler i get the following error, when
running make.

clfs at localhost ~/sources/gcc-build $ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/clfs/sources/gcc-build'
Configuring in ./fixincludes
configure: loading cache ./config.cache
configure: error: `LDFLAGS' has changed since the previous run:
configure:   former value:  -Wl,-rpath,/cross-tools/lib
configure:   current value:
configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm ./config.cache' and
start over
make[1]: *** [configure-fixincludes] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/clfs/sources/gcc-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

>From this I can see three solutions, make distclean,  `rm ./config.cache'
or change the configure parameters.
which one is the right one, so I don't break anything?

Sorry for my laziness on this one, but I lost count on how many times I
have tried to make the toolchain now.

/Nicholai