[Clfs-dev] [Clfs-commits] Cross-LFS: branch, master, updated. 9ec0b46114714d6db2c872c5ab243cc89efca851

William Harrington wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Sat Aug 8 05:42:20 PDT 2009

On Aug 7, 2009, at 23:31 PM, Reimundo Heluani wrote:

>> There is a corruption issue with ext3 and ext4, that we have seen on
>> some test boxes. Upstream is aware.
>
> Is this an issue on NSF servers? that's the only thing I could find
> online and it's been around since 2.6.28.9.
>
> R.

Hello,

	The issue has been around for a while:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/24/415

The 2.6.30 kernel now has data=guarded mode that can be used instead
of data=ordered for ext3.
I think the default could have been data=writeback which is pretty
much insane.

You can follow a nice history of what has been going on.
http://kerneltrap.org/node/7534

William