[Clfs-dev] Util-linux-ng instructions in CLFS svn Pure64 book

Phillip Potter phil at philpotter.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 06:02:57 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I do hope I'm sending to the right list, apologies if not. Anyhow, I
noticed that the Util-linux-ng-2.16 instructions in the SVN book tell one
to copy the uuid and blkid libraries to /tools/lib64.

First problem is this doesn't exist, so I needed to create it. Second
problem is that e2fsprogs then errors out on the configure script with
"configure: error: external uuid library not found".

I found that by moving libuuid and libblkid to /tools/lib instead of
/tools/lib64, e2fsprogs-1.41.9 then compiles without issues.

I therefore propose modifying the instructions in the Util-linux-ng-2.16
section for the x86_64-Pure64 book, so that these libs are copied to
/tools/lib rather that /tools/lib64.

Regards,
Phil Potter