[Clfs-dev] CLFS 1.1.0-rc2

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 10:12:16 PDT 2008

Andrew Rowland wrote:
> A few more comments from my x86_64 multilib, rc2 build.
>
> 1. The link to perl-5.8.8-Configure_multilib-1.patch is no good in
> section 3.5.  The patch is at Perl version 5.10.0 in the repo.  The
> perl-5.10.0 patch applies properly.

I think you must have caught this in between the time when I committed
the change and when the book finished rendering.
> 2. Section 5.5 and section 10.5 lead off with the comment, "The Linux
> Headers package contains the “sanitized” kernel headers."  IMHO, this is
> a misnomer since the headers are no longer a separate package.

Changing this to "The Linux Kernel contains a make target that installs
sanitized kernel headers." I this this covers it, opinions?
> 3. Sections 10.32 and 10.33 we chmod -v
> 755 /lib64/lib{readline,history}.so*.  The only libraries whose mode
> changes are libreadline.so and libhistory,so.  Both of these are removed
> two commands later.  IMHO we don't need to change modes of things we're
> deleting.

I'm going to change this in trunk, but leave it in the 1.1.0 branch, It
doesn't affect anything, but on the off chance we see a problem from
this (maybe 0.001%), I don't want to risk it. If it's possible, someone
will do it.
> 4. Section 10.60, the title is "Shadow-4.1.2 64 Bit", but we only
> install the 64-bit.  To make it consistent with other packages, the 64
> Bit should be dropped.

Agreed, I missed this when I removed the 32bit page.
> 5. Similarly for the title of section 10.65.  To be consistent it should
> include the 32 Bit since both Udev is installed as 32- and 64-bit.

Fixed.

Updated all this in r4015, r4016.

Thanks.