[Clfs-dev] CLFS 1.1.0-rc2

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 18:42:43 PDT 2008

Greetings,

From: wwh04660
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 11:17:19 -0500
Subject: Re: [Clfs-dev] CLFS 1.1.0-rc2

On Sep 1, 2008, at 10:36 AM, db m wrote:Greetings,

> Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 15:19:41 -0400

> Subject: [Clfs-dev] CLFS 1.1.0-rc2
>
> I just tagged 1.1.0-rc2. Rendered the online view of the book.
>
> The last outstanding ticket is http://trac.cross-lfs.org/ticket/169 . I
> took a look at a few of the packages. As far as I know it's all correct.
> If someone else would like to confirm this It'd help out a lot.
>
> Schedule:
> Sunday 08/31/2008 - 1.1.0-rc2 (Released)
> Sunday 09/07/2008 - 1.1.0-rc3
>
> Assuming all goes well.
>
> Sunday 09/14/2008 - 1.1.0

I was going to say I completed a build of rc1 in x86-64_multilib guise via
chroot over the weekend without any apparent hiccups, but seeing this
posting, I've got time to do it again and pay a bit more attention viz
ticket-169....

On the side, I've been building against CLFS SVN-20080714 in the same
guise, following the CBLFS wiki -- this is pretty close to what 1.1.0 is going
to be. So far (322 packages) and the travel has been really good with
this base set. That said, 1.1.0 will break -some- parts of the CBLFS pages,
but I'm loath to do any editing there before 1.1.0 rolls out...

Perhaps OT here...but can one leave oneself notes on the 'my talk' pages
of the CBLFS wiki ...?...

Regards,

Don
Here is a list Cosmo did that can be used to compare as well. I'm sure with more people looking at it, what was missed by another person could be revealed by another.
http://black-flag.co.uk/clfs/logs/installed/
-William

Thanks for the link, always good to have something to compare against..

Regards,

Don