[Clfs-dev] CBLFS -- Xorg7/Libraries

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 21:26:13 PDT 2008

Greets,

A couple of notes here (relative to clfs-1.1.0-rc2 x86_64 multilib)

Semi-Automated Build;

----

text reads;

"You must also have an unaltered copy of Lib-20080914.wget in the main working directory (xc). "

Most of us will probably know that  '(xc)' is actually referring to  'xorg-20080914'.  Those who do
not may become confused by this...

----

The semi-automated build script in no way takes into account the situation regarding libxft and
xft-config. If one chooses to use this semi-automated approach, you will end up with a single
'/usr/bin/xft-config' installed, and it will be the 64bit version of same. I am unsure what possible
ramifications this may give rise to later in the book....

I do realize 'semi-automated' means that....ie; some manual intervention will/may be required,
however that situation might not be immediately obvious to first-time CBLFS exponents. Lets
face it, having to do all this manually can be rather tedious and repetitive, and as such the
semi-automated scripting will appeal to many folks...and save a good bit of time.

As such, one can utilize the semi-automated build scripts here, however in the case of a
multilib build, I'm supposing people should  'rm /usr/bin/xft-config' and then unpack/rebuild
libxft again following the manual build instructions so everything is 'as expected'.

Regards,

Don