[Clfs-dev] CBLFS - query about pages Liba52 / DJBFFT

db m myheadblewoff at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 13 18:24:09 PDT 2008

Greets,

In CBLFS, we list DJBFFT as an optional package to the Liba52 build.

[ Note: I've not tested if liba52 benefits from djbfft routines or not. ]

DJBFFT ;

Following the instructions in CBLFS for this package results in ;

 /usr/lib{32, 64}/djbfft.a

/usr/include/{complex4.h, fftc4.h, fftfreq.h, fftr8.h, real8.h, complex8.h, fftc8.h, fftr4.h, real4.h}

According to the djbfft homepage, this perhaps would be in error (for the headers), quote;

"Now you can use djbfft in your programs
by compiling with -I/usr/local/djbfft/include

and linking with /usr/local/djbfft/lib/djbfft.a."

Perhaps the djbfft headers should be installed in   '/usr/include/djbfft/'  or such??

At any rate.....

Liba52 ;

The configure option for liba52 to include djbfft support is ;

--enable-djbfft

....how-so-ever, this will result in the liba52 build trying to link against the shared_lib target ;

-ldjbftt

....which of course won't happen, as the djbfft build only results in the static_lib djbfft.a

Now, I searched the tomes and came up with this wiki discussion about the
so-called 'Bernstein controversy' ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:FFTW

This makes me question the appropriateness/correctness of including DJBFFT as being
an 'optional' package to the Liba52 library build at all.

Comments anyone?

Regards,

Don