[Clfs-dev] CLFS-1.1.0 -- ncurses

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 30 06:37:47 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:22:41AM +0000, Jonathan Norman wrote:
> Hey Don,
>
> There is a ticket to enable UTF-8 support in CLFS 1.20. Part of this
> means using --enable-widec
> for ncurses and replacing the non-wide characters with it.
>
> The ticket is here: http://trac.cross-lfs.org/ticket/182
>
> I might have a look into doing some of this over the weekend.
>
> Jon~

 My notes are still at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/fonts/CLFS/CLFS-UTF-8
(I don't have an account on the clfs server) and the patch to the
old bootscripts is somewhere above them.

 I haven't updated that in a long time because it still works for
me. I haven't used gcc-4.3 yet, but I have used the current
clfs glibc-2.8 which includes libidn.

 When I was first trying this on multilib I managed to break the
symlinks several times.  I also think I had a problem with the
non-wide ncurses on my current build so perhaps soemthing changed
somewhere.

 Man-pages are a separate issue: what I do in that reference works,
but only for UTF-8.  The developments in man-db sound interesting,
but I haven't had time to try that (and anyway it probably needs an
older groff).

ĸen