[Clfs-dev] PPC64 with 32 bit user space build comments

William Harrington wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Tue Nov 18 17:52:01 PST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 4:56 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:26:04PM -0600, William Harrington wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>

>>    There was discussion one midnight in #CLFS-Support about 32 bit
>> user space for sparc64, ppc64, and mips I think.  Can't remember it
>> all at the moment, but here is what I have done with the latest SVN
>> Powerpc build.
>>
> Interesting.  I assumed you would need to load the kernel module
> before compiling on the finished system, otherwise it would attempt
> to build with -m64 ?

Nah, I used the powerpc target.

The next build I'll use the normal target and build a 64 bit toolchain
but just build 32 bit user space.
That'll keep from having to build the 64 bit compiler at the end.

I have a ticket to create a 64 pure book for PPC64, I may go ahead and
do that, however, I"ll keep working
on this. Haha, but then with the pure64 book I might want to include a
32 bit compiler. I got lots of free time coming up, so be patient.

-William