[Clfs-dev] regarding the clfs book

Varrun Ashok varrunashok at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 20:13:18 PST 2008

hello everybody,
    this is the conclusion i came to when i went through the clfs book version  1.1.0.
 1)FIRST a cross tool chain is constructed in chapter 5. here for configure options we give HOST=CLFS_HOST and TARGET=CLFS_TARGET.
 2)SECONDLY while constructing a temporary system (in chapter 6) all the packages are compiled using the cross tool chain, all the  directories stored in cross-tools. now for the configure options both host and target are CLFS_TARGET. only the build option takes the value CLFS_HOST.
 3)FINALLY using the temporary system we build the clfs,using boot or chroot method.
 i think the book has got the procedure perfect.